No Pain No Growth
Growth comes at a price. Look at the consensus among all these people from different backgrounds:
- “Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.” ― John F. Kennedy
- “If you want to choose the pleasure of growth, prepare yourself for some pain.” – Ritu Ghatourey
- “All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “Growth demands a temporary surrender of security. It may mean giving up familiar but limiting patterns, safe but unrewarding work, values no longer believed in, and relationships that have lost their meaning.” – John C. Maxwell
- “In so many things, growth comes from adversity.” – Michael Huffington
- James 1:2-4 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
7 Myths Uncovered About Spiritual Growth
- You can’t just make a mental note that you want spiritual growth. You need to hunger and crave God like you do food.
- Matthew 5:6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.[spacer height=”20px”]
- God has given us Himself in the word. The Bible is more than just a book. It is Holy Scriptures breathed out by God. This is where you will come to find Him and find transformation.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.[spacer height=”20px”]
- It doesn’t depend on you. God is the one who started the work and He is the one who will finish it.
- Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.[spacer height=”20px”]
- Spiritual growth is not about you and your purpose.
- Philippians 2:13 For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.[spacer height=”20px”]
- You cannot do it alone. God wants you to be encouraged by others and He wants you to be an encourager to others.
- Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,[spacer height=”20px”]
- Spiritual growth does not mean you become some kind of Christian rock star. It means the Holy Spirit begins to bear His fruit in your life.
- Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.[spacer height=”20px”]
- Spiritual growth is not trying to get God’s favor. Spiritual growth is you depending fully on God and finding your satisfaction in Him all day every day.
- John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.[spacer height=”20px”]
[Tweet “God wants you to grow Spiritually so much that He will do all the heavy lifting – Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”]