The father gap
Check out these mind-blowing statistics about absent fathers I came across on the National Center for Fathering.
- An estimated 24.7 million children (33%) live absent their biological father.
- Of students in grades 1 through 12, 39 percent (17.7 million) live in homes absent their biological fathers.
- 57.6% of black children, 31.2% of Hispanic children, and 20.7% of white children are living absent their biological fathers.
- According to 72.2 % of the U.S. population, fatherlessness is the most significant family or social problem facing America.
What you need to remember as you read those statistics is that they are not statistics they represent real lives.
And these real lives are forever impacted by absent fathers. Look at these statistics on the consequences of fatherlessness.
– Children in father-absent homes are almost four times more likely to be poor.
– The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services states, “Fatherless children are at a dramatically greater risk of drug and alcohol abuse.”
– Children of single-parent homes are more than twice as likely to commit suicide.
Godly Men needed
Men you need to lead.
Not just when it’s easy or fun and there’s public praise for what you are doing, always.
Men, lead the family God gave you.
Men lead with love, courage, and self- control.
Be the first to make a commitment and be the first to fight to keep it.
- Lead them to church.
- Lead them to the Lord.
- Lead them by example.
- Lead them in devotion.
- Lead them with Love.
After glorifying God and enjoying Him your greatest privilege is to lead the family God gave you.
This family can look different than you might think because is not just tied to blood.
It might be extended family, biological, foster, or adoptive.
You might even be the father figure for your neighbor’s kids. There might be kids in the neighborhood who seem to spend more time at your house than their own.
Things don’t happen by chance.
God has allowed you to live where you live and do what you do so you share the love of Jesus Christ by.
It won’t be easy all the time but maybe God has but God’s grace is sufficient.
The world desperately needs more Godly fathers. Men who take God seriously enough to put their childish things behind and step up to the plate.
Men you need to lead and the best place to start is with the family God gave.