Love the family God has given you.
Not some idealistic image that you saw on some social platform. Not the idea of having a family that is perfect like the one you assume everyone else has.
Love the family God gave you:
- The one who makes a mess and forgets to clean it up.
- The one who makes you mad but at the same time make laugh and makes you happy.
- The one that argues all the way to a family gathering but then quickly puts on their best face and makes you look like amazing parents.
- The one that is not as clever and talented as some make theirs out to be.
- The one that goes through real-life issues and struggles with friends and homework.
Love that family.
God gave them to you. He put them in your specific care, not someone else’s.
Quit competing with someone else for the “best looking, acting, or highest achieving family” award.
It’s fake anyways. You are going to burn out and get frustrated trying to get an imaginary trophy for something you really haven’t achieved.
Love the family God gave you. They are yours. Let them be real and then you can take the burden of carrying that load of putting on a show, it’s a tough crowd to please anyway. They’ll always want more and then talk bad about you anyways.
Be faithful to your audience of one – God.
Listen to Jesus words,
Matthew 11:28-30 (WE)
28 All you who work hard! All you who carry heavy loads! Come to me! I will give you rest.
29 Do what I tell you. Learn what I teach you. I am gentle. I am not proud. Then your hearts will rest.
30 What I tell you to do is easy. What I give you to carry is not heavy.’
You can be real with Him and love the family you have just the way they are.
Take a load off. Relax.
Enjoy and love the family you have in the presence of Jesus.